Stay at Green Hotels in Santa Fe
View La Fonda's Eco-Friendly Initiatives
La Fonda believes that sustainable operations go hand in hand with our mission of historical preservation and community-building. As a caretaker of Santa Fe traditions, we bear a responsibility to protect the beauty and viability of our treasured home. For several years we have been implementing green initiatives throughout the hotel, with the goal of becoming as environmentally friendly as possible in all of our operations. in 2016, La Fonda was awarded a Tier Two Silver Certification and La Plazuela was awarded a Tier One Bronze Certification.
These initiatives to date include:
- Recycling cardboard, plastic, glass, aluminum, and paper. All the guestrooms now have recycling bins.
- Implementing water-saving measures, including guest towels changed only by request, linens changed every fourth day, and restaurant water served by request.
- Installation of low-flow toilets and shower heads.
- Reducing paper consumption, relying on email and message boards, as well as washable cloth napkins, towels, and tablecloths.
- Recycling computer equipment and fluorescent bulbs.
- Using recycled materials in notepads, brochures, flyers, and other necessary hotel collateral.
- Use of biodegradable straws and eco-friendly, recycled takeout containers for food and beverage operations.
- Reducing electricity demand by using energy-saving light bulbs, hand dryers, flat-screen televisions, and automatic lights in basement storerooms.
- Using nontoxic, soy-based printing inks, low-VOC paints, and environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- State of the Art Operational systems- HVAC
- New High Energy Efficient Pella Wood Casement Windows
- Sourcing food locally wherever possible at our restaurants and catering operations.
- Active participant in the Clean the World initiatives, recycling hundreds of pounds of soap bars.
- Switched to straws that are have a corn starch base and are biodegradable.
Our Green Team of employees is continually researching ways to reduce our environmental impact in every department of the hotel, a mission that is supported at the highest levels.
We take great comfort in knowing that every step we take helps to preserve a cultural institution, city, and environment we treasure for future generations.