Complimentary Art & History Tours of La Fonda
Led by trained docents
La Fonda's has a 95 year old history that will transport you back in time. Join us for a complimentary docent-led art & history tour of the hotel which is filled with stories about Fred Harvey and the Harvey girls, the architecture and the beautiful art collection that graces the lobby, hallways and rooms in the hotel.
High Season: Wednesday - Saturday, 10:30 am to 11:30am
Winter Hours (November- April) -Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, 10:30 am to 11:30am
Duration: 1 hour
Reservations: Complimentary tours are limited to 12 people and we encourage you to sign up with the concierge to reserve your space at extension 4200.
Below are recent guest comments about the tours:
- This tour is a MUST! Appreciation of the art, history & building is greatly enhanced and made our stay even more special. What a great service that you provide! We will definitely return in the future. You have excellent guides- very knowledgeable and friendly.”
- “We have stayed here for over 25 years and never had such an appreciation of the history and art until we took the docent tour. Thank you!”
- “Tom & Jerry were wonderful, friendly and informative docents. Thank you for providing this wonderful tour of your most interesting hotel”
- “Museum” tour of the hotel…Grade A PLUS”
- “We had the most wonderful tour with Jerry Ryan last week - he was knowledgeable and charming. We would recommend the tour and the hotel!”
- “We recently had a docent tour conducted by Julie. She is amazing! So knowledgeable & appreciative of the La Fonda history and is so excited about what she is doing. Her enthusiasm is infectious. You have a star”
- “My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the informative and personalized tour of La Fonda’s art and architecture today. Thank you for the memorable experience”